Certifications are one way a developer can both acquire targeted training in a specific technology -- mastering a specific programming language or developer platform --and prove his or her proficiency to potential employers.
Education.internet.com has identified five developer certifications in particular that can lead to increases in pay and career advancement. These are the certs that were found to offer developers the most professional relevance and career advancement potential:
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD)
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) Web Developer
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- IBM Certified Solution Developer: WebSphere