RebelLabs has released its 2017 Developer Productivity Report, which surveyed Java developers about the tools, technologies and libraries they prefer to use. Here are some of the most interesting findings:
- The technologies Java developers are most excited about are Kotlin, Docker and Java 9.
- 46 percent of developers use the Spring stack, and 33 percent use Java EE.
- When it comes to application architecture, 34 percent use split architecture, 25 percent use monolithic, and 23 percent use microservices.
- The top IDEs are Intellij IDEA (54 percent), Eclipse (33 percent) and NetBeans (13 percent).
- 63 percent of developers said they are happy with the technology choices they have made.