Dr. Dobb's has handed out another batch of Jolt Awards, this time for programmer libraries. The website noted that this year, the best libraries skewed heavily toward Windows. "This disappointing platform-centrism is purely the result of the economics: Development organizations on Windows are willing to pay for their products, while those on other platforms (notably Linux and Java) have a deeply entrenched tradition of free, generally open-source, products," the site wrote. "The dollars surely make a difference, as we can see by the quality of the offerings, especially Windows UX suites and their extraordinary range of features."
The winners were as follows:
- Finalist: Intel Perceptual Computing SDK
- Finalist: /n Software Red Carpet
- Finalist: Combit List & Label 19
- Jolt Productivity Award: Infragistics Ultimate 2013 Vol. 2
- Jolt Productivity Award: ComponentOne Studio Enterprise 2013 v3
- Jolt Award: DevExpress Universal 13.2