A new Appcelerator survey conducted by IDC finds that 53 percent of developers surveyed believe iOS has the edge when it comes to mobile development for enterprise customers. Thirty-seven percent said the same of Android. That's a big change since the third quarter of 2011, when the two platforms essentially tied.
Other key findings from the survey include the following:
- 69 percent of those surveyed are very interested in developing for Android.
- 63 percent of those surveyed say developing for multiple platforms is their biggest annoyance.
- 68 percent of those surveyed are interested in developing for Windows 8.
- 33 percent of those surveyed are interested in developing for Windows 8 tablets.
- 64.2 percent of those surveyed plan to utilize cloud computing services in their mobile apps in the coming year.
The survey polled 3,600 developers who use Appcelerator's Titanium mobile development tools.