A new survey conducted by MGI Research for vendor Kony Solutions finds that enterprises are increasingly developing mobile apps. “From increased attention to the user experience and planning bigger investments in multichannel offerings, this report demonstrates that more organizations are adopting a ‘mobile first’ mindset," said Kony's Harold Goldberg. "It also confirms something our customers have long known—mobile is a key driver of business success, and an essential channel for increasing customer loyalty and improving customer service."
Key takeaways from the report include the following:
- Customer service apps are the type of mobile app enterprises are most likely to develop (55 percent).
- 48 percent of enterprises surveyed plan to increase their budgets for multiplatform mobile development tools this year.
- Enterprises' top mobile development concerns include application performance (72 percent) and multiplatform support (67 percent).
- 6 percent of enterprises surveyed reported a "huge failure" with mobile development.
- 21 percent of enterprises surveyed reported disappointing ROI from mobile apps.