Accenture has published the results of an online survey that asked developers about their preferences in developer ecosystems. It revealed the following:
- 90 percent of developers said accurate and up-to-date content are critical for developer ecosystems.
- Only 24 percent said ecosystems are generally good at providing content.
- 74 percent of developers want to learn new skills or improve current skills when engaging in a developer ecosystem.
- 64 percent of developers want to make money from developer ecosystems.
- Of 15 platforms mentioned in the survey, Azure rated the highest for accuracy, currency, findability, and content readability. AWS got top marks as forward-looking, while Google Cloud was number one for being innovative and caring about the needs of professional developers.