RightScale has updated its annual State of the Cloud report that surveys more than 1,000 IT professionals about their cloud computing use. Key takeaways include the following:
- Docker is the number one DevOps tool among those surveyed, with 35 percent of respondents using it and 32 percent more planning to do so.
- Kubernetes was the fastest growing DevOps tool, with 14 percent using it and 22 percent planning to do so.
- Private cloud usage dropped from 77 percent in 2016 to 72 percent in 2017, and hybrid cloud fell from 71 percent to 67 percent.
- 85 percent of those surveyed use multiple clouds.
- AWS remains the most popular public cloud computing provider.
- Azure use grew from 20 percent in 2016 to 34 percent in 2017.