A new report from A10 Networks shows just how important mobile development has become to society. Highlights include the following:
- 42 percent of respondents said they could not live without their apps.
- 46 percent of respondents would rather lose their pants than their smartphones.
- 24 percent of respondents said apps were almost as important as breathing, eating and drinking, while 26 percent said apps were "almost as important."
- Among young respondents, app performance is by far the most important attribute, while older respondents cared more about ease of use and security.
- 65 percent of respondents said laptops were vulnerable to cyberthreats, while 57 percent said the same about smartphones.