Software registry operator npm, Inc. recently announced npm Enterprise, the first managed deployment of the npm registry specifically designed to meet the needs of large organizations.
Key features of the new offering include the following:
- Dedicated single-tenant hosting in a Kubernetes cluster
- Company-specific companyname.npme.io URL
- Support for industry-standard SSO authentication
- Role-based access control for managing access and publication of modules
- Sharing of private packages between and across teams
- Customizable workflows for code collaboration and seamless CI/CD system integration
- Notification of known vulnerabilities through "npm audit"