A new Northstar Research Partners survey commissioned by ARM finds generally positive attitudes towards artificial intelligence (AI). In fact, more than 60 percent of those surveyed said they believed that by the year 2050, some humans would love an AI the way that they love a pet. And nearly 50 percent of those surveyed put themselves in that category. Other key findings included the following:
- 61 percent believed society will become better from increased automation and AI.
- More than 70 percent believed AI could replace some human relationships.
- 54 percent were interested in seeing an AI serve as a personal companion or assistant.
- 47 percent said they would prefer an AI physician by 2050.
- 75 percent expect AI to have a big impact on their lives by 2022.