JetBrains has released a new report on the State of the Developer Ecosystem in 2018, which is based on surveys of 6,000 developers in 17 countries. Highlights included the following:
- Go is the most promising programming language.
- 82 percent of editors use IDEs; 69 percent use text editors.
- The most popular continuous integration systems are Jenkins, Travis CI, GitLab CI, TeamCity and CircleCI.
- 35 percent of mobile development pros create apps for both iOS and Android; 72 percent use native tools.
- 85 percent of developers code on the weekends.