Working for a startup has plenty of risks, but it can also have great rewards. Programmers who want to get a job for a hot startup have a new resource in the form of an infographic from Monetate.
Monetate points developers to a variety of websites that can help them find hot new companies that might be hiring, including Firstround.com, USV.com, CrunchBoard.com, VentureLoop.com, Startuply.com, Quora, InterviewStreet.com, Hirelite.com and others. Once you've identified a company you would like to work for, the infographic offers tips, including the following:
- Build a portfolio of your best work and link to your GitHub account.
- Build something remarkable with their API.
- Enter their hackathons or developer contests.
- Highlight projects you took on independently.
- Don't use a professional recruiter.