On Tuesday, Google unveiled several new pieces of hardware that could be of interest to mobile development pros. Here's a quick overview:
- Pixel smartphones—The Pixel and Pixel XL feature top-of-the-line components, including superb cameras and a fast-charging capability that provides 7 hours of battery life from 15 minutes of charging. Prices start at $649 and $769, and they are only available through Verizon.
- Google Home—Google's answer to Amazon Echo interoperates with a lot of home automation products and costs $130.
- Daydream VR—The virtual reality headset works with Pixel smartphones and costs just $79.
- Google Assistant—Similar to Siri and Cortana, this new artificial intelligence tech is built into the Pixel and Google Home.
- Google WiFi—These routers offer the ability to control connections for individual devices, and they can create a mesh network.