In its new study titled "The 2017 U.S. Mobile App Report," comScore found that mobile users are becoming less interested in downloading new apps. Users are, however, more open to receiving push notifications than they were last year. Other key takeaways for the mobile development industry include the following:
- "Many app acquisition methods are seeing modest declines over the past year."
- "The majority of app users don't download any apps per month."
- "Most app users across all age segments access 20 or fewer apps in a month."
- "While many fast-growing apps still exist, fewer apps have emerged of late to revolutionize the digital landscape."
- "Millennials prove to be the most engaged, sophisticated and addicted users of apps."