PC Mag has put together a list of the top trends from the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. Many of this year's hot products rely on apps and services, which has big implications for developers. Here are a few of the trends that could be most important for coders:
- Connected Cars—A record-setting nine auto manufacturers are showing off their tech at the show, and many of them will offer opportunities for developers to put apps in vehicles.
- Wearable Tech—Smartwatches, glasses and fitness gadgets also offer opportunities for mobile development firms.
- Toy Robots—This may not be the first distribution platform developers consider, but many companies were showing off robots that can be controlled from a smartphone or tablet.
- Steam Machines—Several companies were showing off gaming devices based on SteamOS.
- Bigger Everything—Smartphones, tablets, TVs and lots of other devices are getting bigger displays, giving developers more room for interfaces.