ActiveState recently announced several enhancements to its SaaS ActiveState Platform, adding new functionality to build, certify and resolve open source languages.
The new functionality, currently in beta, is available to existing customers and includes the following:
- Ability to select any set of packages from ActiveState's inventory to create on-demand builds
- Automated builds for Python languages (with support for Perl and Tcl coming soon)
- Automatic dependency resolution through the automated build process
- Commit-based build history
- Integrated Python runtime vulnerability reporting
"Polyglot is killing the enterprise, but it doesn't have to," ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland said in a statement. "We believe you should enjoy all the benefits of many open source languages without any of the hassles."
"We want to free up coder time for high-value work, enable them to run a single command and get coding," Copeland added. "And we want to empower management with the visibility and controls required to give developers the freedom to use open source tools."