The market researchers at Forrester have released a new report which predicts eight big changes that will impact the mobile development industry in the next year. According to the firm, the industry is moving "away from apps, and toward more contextually relevant micro-moments, delivered across families of devices, that are personalized to anticipate unique customer needs." They forecast the following for 2015:
- Standalone apps will lose their luster.
- Hardware-driven innovation will enable new opportunities.
- Mobile competition will shift to accessories and ecosystems.
- Composition will dominate front-end mobile experiences.
- The merger of physical and digital worlds accelerates.
- Mobile context becomes high-def.
- Service virtualization and API design tools will appear in every development toolbox.
- Low-code platforms will move into the aggregation tier, but struggle to go mainstream.