InfoWorld has a rundown of some of the biggest developments in programming languages this year. Here's a quick overview:
- Java weathered major disagreements over modularity, and Oracle gave up control of Java EE.
- TypeScript made huge gains in popularity and went through five updates.
- Kotlin increased in popularity as well after Google endorsed it for Android development.
- Q#, Microsoft's language for quantum computing, made its debut.
- C++ got much easier to use thanks to the advances of C++ 17.