According to a recent VisionMobile survey, only 15 percent of independent mobile development firms write apps for the enterprise market. But that might be shortsighted given the size of the business app market. eWeek put together a list of reasons why developers might want to get into the enterprise app business; here are five of the most compelling:
- The mobile enterprise app market is poised to double from $31 billion in 2012 to $61 billion by 2018.
- By 2017, 70 percent of will mobile workers will likely use tablets.
- By the end of this year, 50 percent of business processes that require human involvement will require real-time responses from mobile devices.
- Custom development pays an average of $67,000 per app per month.
- Workers need an "enterprise hub" to reduce app overload.