The major release of the past couple weeks was DiagnoSys 2.6 and Pantero launching the Pantero SDS Suite at DEMO 2004. Several Open Source applications were released as well, with Leo announcing its final version.
Architecture and Design
latest version of DiagnoSys, which incorporates support for Microsoft .NET, additional J2EE
application servers, Windows 2003, HP-UX, and Linux, significantly expands
the breadth of analysis available for complex enterprise Web applications.
New features in DiagnoSys 2.6 include:
- Microsoft .NET support to gather and analyze metrics from .NET applications. This new support allows for concurrent analysis of both J2EE and .NET applications in a mixed environment, as well as analysis of a single, complex application that uses both J2EE and .NET technologies.
- Configurable Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) data collection agent to easily generate custom collection agents for a wide variety of Windows services and applications such as Exchange, Active Directory, and sophisticated .NET applications.
- HP-UX support for version 11i on HP 9000 series hardware with data collection agents for Java/J2EE application servers, Oracle databases, and the HP-UX operating system.
- Java/J2EE application server support for JDBC stored procedures to gather and analyze critical metrics from the application server for in-depth analysis of database performance.
- Linux support for Red Hat (7.x, 8, and 9) and Red Hat Advanced Server (2.1 and 3) with data collection agents for Java/J2EE application servers and databases.
- Support for the Sun One application server, which is an emerging Java/J2EE application server
Pantero SDS SuitePantero Corporation
Pantero.s SDS Suite is based on its unique Exchange Modeling. technology, which makes data fully interpretable by allowing common XML messages and the rules that govern data quality and interpretability between systems, to be captured and linked as metadata. This is then encapsulated in autonomous, reusable, manageable and shareable metadata-driven services. As a result, Pantero helps companies:
- Reduce by up to 50 percent the development costs of reconciling data from diverse sources, by eliminating the need to write custom data reconciliation code;
- Drive business flexibility by decreasing the time and cost necessary to respond to changing market demands or conditions; and
- Improve the caliber of service due to higher data quality and access to more complete information.
TReX Application Framework (TAF)XLNT Software Solutions
The traditional approach for application development with tedious and lengthy coding, compilation, and configuration by developers is dramatically simplified and cut in half using TAF. The suite consists of an Application Framework that is a set of pre-defined data structures and objects for business functions and processes, and the TReX Universal Business Browser, a wizard-driven UI tool for assembling and configuring business objects into an application with the desired functionality. The framework provides a large number of named and well-categorized business objects that are commonly used functions and represent large chunks of code. With a few simple mouse clicks in the UI tool, these can be assembled together and configured to create an enterprise application. The application then gets deployed on highly scalable and reliable Pramati Server, which is embedded in TAF.http://www.xlntinc.com/
Ant 1.6.1 has been released on February 12th, 2004.
Some notable improvements are:
- Ant 1.6.1 is delivered with the Apache License 2.0
- Fixes several bugs, most notably the handling of the default namespace for nested elements.
- Introduces initial support for compiling with Java 1.5.
Jakarta-Slide 2.0 is a content repository
which can serve as a basis for a content management system / framework
and other purposes.
- Full WebDAV Support
- Basic DeltaV WebDAV Versioning Support
- Support for a variety of back end systems for storing the content including different databases and file system storage
- Transactions and Locking for data integrity
- Flexible control over permissions at a per file level via support for the WebDAV ACL
- DASL support for any back end, extensible for using back ends search capabilities for higher scalability and less latency
- Binding support
- Simple installation on any server supporting Servlet 2.3 and .war deployment
- 'ready-to-run' binary distribution for Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.0.x
- A fully featured WebDAV client library and command line client
Leo 4.1 final released
The highlights version 4.1:
- Leo runs in batch mode when invoked with --script aScriptFile.py
- Leo supports Unicode characters (e.g. Chinese) in path and file names.
- @directives and section references are now valid when executing scripts.
- @ignored and orphan nodes now valid in @file-nosent trees.
- Script-based find/change commands.
- Check Outline command.
- Hoist & DeHoist commands.
- A new gui-agnostic architecture: useful for batch mode and unit tests.
- Several new configuration settings.
- Many new unit tests.
- A host of bug fixes.
VisualScript XML version 2SmartDraw.com
VisualScript is designed to increase developer productivity by creating
reusable XML....ultimately accelerating the widespread adoption of XML. The
product illustrates complex XML processes using easy-to-understand graphical
models, making XML processes more understandable for non-experts.
What's New in Version 2:
- Open XML. Developers can now open any XML file as a hierarchical tree diagram. Allows users to quickly visualize the structure of their code and edit it using intuitive graphical symbols.
- Context-Sensitive (Dynamic) Drop-down Lists. This feature standardizes data entry by creating drop-down lists of values. These can be displayed as part of a shape on the page, making it easy to select from a pre-defined collection of possible data values.
- Field Types. Field types allow users to define the nature of values that can be entered into a specific field. VisualScript XML supports the following field types: text, integer, decimal, Boolean, date, date and time, and file path.
- New E-Business Content. VisualScript is now packed with extensive resources for many popular e-business standards including BPEL, BPSS, CPAs, and WSDL.
- Project Linking. This allows users to nest include files inside other include files. These files can also contain fields that are replaced by their user-defined values in the generated script. This allows users to use the output of one VisualScript model in another, thereby creating a powerful network of interlinked XML models.
- More Powerful Scripting. Enables you to include conditional scripting such as if/else statements, etc.