The Eclipse Foundation has released the results of its annual Eclipse Community Survey. It asked 732 developers who use the open source Eclipse IDE a variety of questions about their preferred development tools and opinions. Here are some highlights:
- Less than half of those surveyed said their organizations are deploying applications in cloud computing environments.
- Java remains the most popular programming language for Eclipse users.
- Subversion is the most popular version control system, but Git use grew from 13 percent in 2011 to 27 percent this year.
- The number of respondents involved in mobile development projects increased from 35 percent last year to 43 percent this year.
- 60 percent of mobile developers surveyed use only native SDKS, not a cross-platform framework.